Regulation respecting the Act respecting owners, operators and drivers of heavy vehicles
An Act respecting owners, operators and drivers of heavy vehicles
(chapter P-30.3, ss. 3, 6 and 16)
The fees prescribed in the Regulation have been indexed as of 1 April 2013 pursuant to the notice published in Part 1 (French) of the Gazette officielle du Québec of 16 March 2013, page 379. (ss. 3, 3.1)
O.C. 1144-2006, s. 1.
1. The following groups or classes of persons are exempt from registration in the Registre des propriétaires et des exploitants de véhicules lourds, provided that they meet the conditions applicable to their exemption:
(1) an owner and operator using a heavy vehicle required by an emergency service or in the case of a major disaster or a minor disaster within the meaning of section 2 of the Civil Protection Act (chapter S-2.3);
(2) natural persons who conduct business other than a business with an organized financial structure, whether it is of a commercial nature or not, consisting in the production or manufacture of goods, their management or alienation, or in the provision of services;
(3) lessees of heavy vehicles who are not subject to an administrative measure of prohibition or restriction imposed by the Commission des transports du Québec and who operate free of charge heavy vehicles rented for a period of less than 15 consecutive days;
(4) lessors, except as regards the application of section 519.21 of the Highway Safety Code (chapter C-24.2);
(5) an owner and operator using a heavy vehicle only in a municipality or territory listed in Schedule 1.
O.C. 986-98, s. 1; O.C. 1197-99, s. 1; O.C. 1144-2006, s. 2.
2. The following vehicles are totally exempt from the application of the Act respecting owners, operators and drivers of heavy vehicles (chapter P-30.3):
(1) tool vehicles within the meaning of section 4 of the Highway Safety Code (chapter C-24.2);
(2) combinations of road vehicles where each vehicle has a gross vehicle weight rating of less than 4,500 kg, except combinations that require the display of safety marks in accordance with Division IV of the Transportation of Dangerous Substances Regulation (chapter C-24.2, r. 43);
(3) the following vehicles, owned by a farmer within the meaning of section 4 of the Highway Safety Code:
(a) farm machines within the meaning of section 2 of the Regulation respecting road vehicle registration (chapter C-24.2, r. 29), as it reads at the time of its application;
(b) farm trailers within the meaning of section 2 of the Regulation respecting safety standards for road vehicles (chapter C-24.2, r. 32), as it reads at the time of its application;
(4) motorized road vehicles whose gross vehicle weight rating is less than 4,500 kg on which it is not mandatory to display safety marks in accordance with Division IV of the Transportation of Dangerous Substances Regulation, other than minibuses and tow-trucks;
(5) road vehicles which were issued a temporary registration certificate referred to in any of sections 32 to 38, 40 and 41 of the Regulation respecting road vehicle registration, as it reads at the time of its application, and those on which a detachable licence plate having the prefix “X” referred to in any of sections 145, 146, 160 and 161 of that Regulation is affixed;
(6) motorized road vehicles used by the holder of a taxi owner's permit, passenger vehicles within the meaning of section 4 of the Highway Safety Code, used for passenger transportation for baptisms, weddings, civil unions and funerals or antique passenger vehicles, that are more than 30 years old, used for passenger transportation.
O.C. 986-98, s. 2; O.C. 1197-99, s. 2; O.C. 1144-2006, s. 3; O.C. 993-2010, s. 1; O.C. 1053-2010, s. 1.
MEANS USED FOR OPERATOR IDENTIFICATION
O.C. 1144-2006, s. 4.
2.1. The means used for operator identification referred to in the first paragraph of section 42.3 of the Act respecting owners, operators and drivers of heavy vehicles (chapter P-30.3), must be used in the following order:
(1) a shipping document that meets the provisions of sections 3 and 4 of the Regulation respecting the requirements applicable to shipping documents, leasing contracts and contracts for services (O.C. 61-2001, 01-01-24) must first be used;
(2) failing a shipping document, any other trip-document that allows the driver to carry out transportation may be used;
(3) failing a trip-document, a daily log referred to in section 519.10 of the Highway Safety Code (chapter C-24.2) may be used and, after the coming into force of section 33 of chapter 39 of the Statutes of 2005, a circle-check report referred to in section 519.3 of the Code may be used failing a daily log.
Despite the first paragraph, in the case of a bus or minibus, a daily log must be used or, failing a daily log, a circle-check report referred to in subparagraph 3 of the first paragraph.
O.C. 1144-2006, s. 4.
O.C. 1144-2006, s. 4.
3. The fees for an application for registration under section 6 of the Act respecting owners, operators and drivers of heavy vehicles (chapter P-30.3) and those for the annual updating of a registration are
(1) $66.25, for owners and operators who own or operate not more than 2 heavy vehicles, during a calendar year;
(2) $135, for owners and operators who own or operate more than 2 heavy vehicles, during a calendar year.
O.C. 986-98, s. 3.
3.1. The fees for an application for registration and for renewal of the registration under the first paragraph of section 16 of the Act respecting owners, operators and drivers of heavy vehicles (chapter P-30.3) are $134.
O.C. 1197-99, s. 3.
3.2. The fees referred to in sections 3 and 3.1 are reduced by $5 where a technological means available on the Commission des transports du Québec website is used for an application.
O.C. 1053-2010, s. 2.
4. The fees provided for in this Regulation are adjusted by operation of law on 1 April of each year by the rate provided for in section 83.3 of the Financial Administration Act (chapter A-6.001). The rate may not be lower than zero.
The Regulation respecting the rounding off of adjusted fees (chapter A-6.001, r. 0.1) applies to the adjustment, with the necessary modifications.
The Commission publishes the result of the adjustment of the fees in the Gazette officielle du Québec.
O.C. 986-98, s. 4; O.C. 1280-2011, s. 2.
O.C. 986-98, s. 5.
(s. 1, par. 5)
LIST OF MUNICIPALITIES OR TERRITORIES
- Aupaluk (Nord-du-Québec)
- Baie-des-Moutons (Côte-Nord)
- Baie-Rouge (Côte-Nord)
- Blanc-Sablon (Côte-Nord)
- Bonne-Espérance (Côte-Nord)
- Brador Bay (Côte-Nord)
- Cann (Mauricie)
- Casey (Mauricie)
- Chevery (Côte-Nord)
- Chisasibi (Nord-du-Québec)
- Clova (Mauricie)
- Côte-Nord-du-Golfe-du-Saint-Laurent (Côte-Nord)
- Deception Bay (Nord-du-Québec)
- Eastmain (Nord-du-Québec)
- Etamamiou (Côte-Nord)
- Gros-Mécatina (Côte-Nord)
- Harrington Harbour (Côte-Nord)
- Hibbard (Mauricie)
- Hunter's Point (Abitibi-Témiscamingue)
- Île aux Lièvres (Bas-Saint-Laurent)
- Île-d'Entrée (Îles-de-la-Madeleine)
- Île du Bic (Bas-Saint-Laurent)
- Île Saint-Barnabé (Bas-Saint-Laurent)
- Inukjuak (Nord-du-Québec)
- Ivujivik (Nord-du-Québec)
- Kangiqsujuaq (Nord-du-Québec)
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Nord-du-Québec)
- Kangirsuk (Nord-du-Québec)
- Kattinik/mine Raglan (Nord-du-Québec)
- Kawawachikamach (Nord-du-Québec)
- Kegaska (Nord-du-Québec)
- Keyano (Nord-du-Québec)
- Kiggaluk (Nord-du-Québec)
- Killiniq (Nord-du-Québec)
- Kitcisakik (Abitibi-Témiscamingue)
- Kuujjuaq (Nord-du-Québec)
- Kuujjuarapik (Nord-du-Québec)
- Lac-John (Côte-Nord)
- Lac-Rapide (Outaouais)
- Langlade (Abitibi-Témiscamingue)
- La Romaine (Côte-Nord)
- La Tabatière (Côte-Nord)
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon (Côte-Nord)
- Manawan (Lanaudière)
- Matimekosh (Côte-Nord)
- Middle Bay (Côte-Nord)
- Monet (Abitibi-Témiscamingue)
- Musquaro (Côte-Nord)
- Nitchequon (Nord-du-Québec)
- Notre-Dame-des-Sept-Douleurs (île Verte)
- Obedjiwan (Mauricie)
- Oskelaneao River (Mauricie)
- Oujé-Bougoumou (Nord-du-Québec)
- Pakuashipi (Côte-Nord)
- Port-Menier (île d'Anticosti) (Côte-Nord)
- Poste de la Baleine (Nord-du-Québec)
- Press (Abitibi-Témiscamingue)
- Purtuniq (Nord-du-Québec)
- Puvirnituq (Nord-du-Québec)
- Quaqtaq (Nord-du-Québec)
- Radisson (Nord-du-Québec)
- Rivière-Saint-Paul (Côte-Nord)
- Saint-Augustin (Basse-Côte-Nord)
- Sakami (Nord-du-Québec)
- Salluit (Nord-du-Québec)
- Salmon-Bay (Côte-Nord)
- Sanmaur (Mauricie)
- Schefferville (Côte-Nord)
- Tasiujaq (Nord-du-Québec)
- Tête-à-la-Baleine (Côte-Nord)
- Umiujaq (Nord-du-Québec)
- Vandry (Mauricie)
- Vieux-Fort (Côte-Nord)
- Waskaganish (Nord-du-Québec)
- Wemindji (Nord-du-Québec)
- Wemotaci (Mauricie)
- Whapmagoostui (Nord-du-Québec)
- Windigo (Mauricie)
- Wolf Bay (Côte-Nord)
O.C. 1144-2006, s. 5;
O.C. 1053-2010, s. 3.
(O.C. 1053-2010) SECTION 4. Every person who, as of 1 January 2011, is required to register in the Registre des propriétaires et des exploitants de véhicules lourds for a vehicle registered before 1 January 2011, has until 30 December 2011 to register.
O.C. 986-98, 1998 G.O. 2, 3303
O.C. 1197-99, 1999 G.O. 2, 3750
O.C. 1144-2006, 2006 G.O. 2, 4085
O.C. 993-2010, 2010 G.O. 2, 3185
O.C. 1053-2010, 2010 G.O. 2, 3862
O.C. 1280-2011, 2011 G.O. 2, 3665A