1. For the purposes of the Act respecting private education (chapter E-9.1), “resident in Québec” means a student who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (S.C. 2001, c. 27) and who is in one of the following situations:
(1) the student was born in Québec or was adopted by a person who had his or her residence in Québec at the time of the adoption;
(2) one of the student's parents or his or her sponsor has his or her residence in Québec;
(3) the student's parents or sponsor are deceased and one of the parents or the sponsor had his or her residence in Québec at the time of the death;
(4) the student maintains a residence in Québec even though his or her parents or sponsor have ceased to reside in Québec;
(5) Québec is the last place where the student resided for 12 consecutive months while not pursuing full-time studies;
(6) the student holds a selection certificate issued under section 3.1 of the Act respecting immigration to Québec (chapter I-0.2);
(7) the student has been residing in Québec for at least 3 months without having resided in another province for more than 3 months;
(8) the student resided in Québec according to subparagraph 2, 4, 5 or 7 for 3 consecutive years within the last 5 years; or
(9) the student's spouse has or had his or her residence in Québec according to one of the preceding subparagraphs.
For the purposes of the first paragraph, “parents” means the student's father and mother and “sponsor” means a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, other than the father, mother or spouse, who sponsors the application for landing of a permanent resident within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
O.C. 911-98, s. 1;
O.C. 913-2000, s. 1.