An Act respecting the Constitution Act, 1982
DIVISION I PROVISIONS RELATING TO SECTION 33 OF THE CONSTITUTION ACT, 1982
1. Each of the Acts adopted before 17 April 1982 is replaced by the text of each of them as they existed at that date, after being amended by the addition, at the end and as a separate section, of the following:
“This Act shall operate notwithstanding the provisions of sections 2 and 7 to 15 of the Constitution Act, 1982 (Schedule B of the Canada Act, chapter 11 in the 1982 volume of the Acts of the Parliament of the United Kingdom).”
The text so amended of each of these Acts constitutes a separate Act.
No such Act is to be construed as new law except for the purposes of section 33 of the Constitution Act, 1982; for all other purposes, it has force of law as if it were a consolidation of the Act it replaces.
Every provision of such an Act shall have effect from the date the provision it replaces took effect or is to take effect.
Such an Act must be cited in the same manner as the Act it replaces.
1982, c. 21, s. 1.
2. Each of the Acts adopted between 17 April 1982 and 23 June 1982 is replaced by the text of each of them as they existed on 23 June 1982, after being amended by the addition, at the end and as a separate section, of the derogatory provision set out in the first paragraph of section 1.
The second, third, fourth and fifth paragraphs of section 1 apply, with the necessary modifications, to the Acts referred to in the first paragraph.
1982, c. 21, s. 2.
3. The formalities respecting the printing and distribution of the Acts do not apply to an Act enacted under section 1, to the extent that such formalities have already been observed in respect of the Act it replaces.
The same holds true in respect of an Act enacted under section 2.
1982, c. 21, s. 3.
DIVISION II PROVISION RELATING TO SECTION 59 OF THE CONSTITUTION ACT, 1982
4. The Government shall not authorize a proclamation under subsection 1 of section 59 of the Constitution Act, 1982 without obtaining the prior consent of the National Assembly.
1982, c. 21, s. 4; 1982, c. 62, s. 143.
DIVISION III FINAL PROVISIONS
5. (This section ceased to have effect on 23 June 1987).
1982, c. 21, s. 5; U. K., 1982, c. 11, Sch. B, Part I, s. 33.
6. The sanction of this Act is valid for each of the Acts enacted under section 1 or 2.
1982, c. 21, s. 6.
7. Section 1 and the first paragraph of section 3 have effect from 17 April 1982; section 2 and the second paragraph of section 3 have effect from the date from which each of the Acts replaced under section 2 came into force.
1982, c. 21, s. 7 (part).
In accordance with section 17 of the Act respecting the consolidation of the statutes and regulations (chapter R-3), chapter 21 of the statutes of 1982, in force on 1 July 1982, is repealed, except the first paragraph of section 7, effective from the coming into force of chapter L-4.2 of the Revised Statutes.